This month, we’re going to take a look at the Spectra Geospatial Ranger 5, the fifth generation Ranger with a heritage that can be traced back to the first modern field computer designed for land surveyors.
From the beginning, the Ranger has been designed to help you get every job done consistently, efficiently and right. And the Ranger 5 is no different. Thanks to many fantastic features, including built-in Bluetooth Wi-Fi, GNSS, worldwide WWAN, and a 13 MP rear facing camera, this hard working, Android-based survey field data collector is built to handle a full range of tasks.
Its five-inch screen and backlit alphanumeric keyboard enable surveyors to work quickly and efficiently, even while wearing gloves. Its lightweight but rugged construction and outstanding all-day battery life make it reliable and easy to use, even in tough field conditions.
Spectra Geospatial Ranger 5: Features and Benefits
- Ergonomic design, lighter weight and easy to grip means less onsite fatigue
- Backlit international alphanumeric keypad with direction keys enables fast and efficient operation in tough conditions, even when wearing gloves
- Programmable ‘hot keys / function keys’ in the backlit section, handy when surveying or setting out
- 12 physical function keys, plus additional Shift & AGr key combinations provide even more options to speed up common workflows
- Brightly lit, anti-glare 5” screen is easy to view in high glare and low light conditions
- All-day battery on a single charge, backed up by an optional removable battery
- Android 11 operating system is Google Mobile Services (GMS) certified with Google apps built in and access to endless Playstore apps
- USB-C data transfer and fast charging
- Built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GNSS, worldwide WWAN and a 13MP rear facing camera enabling efficient data collection, geo-tagged videos and images and quick access to the internet to send and receive data
- Fast and powerful 2.2GHz processor with 4GB memory and 64GB onboard storage
- IP65 & MIL-STD-810H rated – protects against shock, dust and water
- One EMPOWER module bay provides expansion options for 2.4GHz radio, sub-meter GNSS, barcode and RFID
Spectra Geospatial Ranger 5: Product Specs
- Processor: Qualcomm SDA660
- Memory: 4 GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Storage: 64 GB
- Batteries: Internal Li-ion 4530mAh/7.2 V; RTS usage 16 hours; GNSS RTK usage 18 hours (depending on settings, data processing, temperature, etc.)